Backyard Beekeeping October/November 2021
Mentoring Beekeepers Since 2017.
The October/November 2021 issue of Backyard Beekeeping is here! Subscribe for stories including The Origin and History of Beekeeping, Wrapping Hives, Combing Through Your Combs, Winter Feeding, and Ask the Expert answers to reader questions! PLUS: Is honey really antimicrobial?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• From the Editor
• Photo Essay: Leeco Honey
• Ask the Expert: Why Did My Bees Die?
• Ask the Expert: How Do I Keep Bears Away From My Beehive?
• Ask the Expert: Are Infrared Cameras in the Winter Necessary?
• Ask the Expert: How Do I Keep the Hive Ventilated in Winter?
• Ask the Expert: Should I Leave Supers on for the Winter?
• Ask the Expert: Should My Supers Be Below the Inner Cover for Winter?
• Nuc-lear Reaction: Tales From the Hive
• Origin and History of Beekeeping, Excerpted From Storey’s Guide to Keeping Honey Bees
• How to Make a Quilt Box
• Wrapping Hives
• Combing Through Your Combs
• Mammals in the Bee Yard
• Winter Feeding
• Loaded Apple Honey Oat Cookies
• Fire Cider Recipe With Raw Honey
• Home Remedies for Cold and Flu Season
• Is Honey Really Antimicrobial?
• A Family Love Affair: Rushing River Apiaries
• Beekeeping Calendar
• Just For Fun
• Hives to Follow