Backyard Beekeeping Winter 2022-2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• From the Editor
• What’s the Buzz
• Photo Essay: On One Acre Honey
Ask the Expert
~ Can I Feed Frames of Honey Back to My Colony?
~ Can I Use a Reflector to Increase the Amount of Sunlight in a Shady Location?
~ Is Moisture Killing My Bees?
~ How Late in the Year Can I Requeen?
~ Were My Bees Poisoned?
~ How Do I Clear Out a Colony That Was Poisoned?
~ I Found Dead Moth Worms on My Bottom Board
~ Mint for Wax Moth Prevention
• Do Bees Need Doctors?
• Hive Highlights: Feeding Honeybees 101
• Single Deep Splits With Mated Queens
• Tips for DIY Telescoping Outer Cover
• Highways for Hives: The Marvel of Bee Space
• 15 Beekeeping Projects for Winter
• Small Hive Beetles
• Eradication Through Education: Ruthie Danielsen Wins Beekeeper of the Year
• Why Mãnuka Honey Is So Expensive
• Naturally Sweet, German Honey Cookies
• Why Bees Matter, A Chef’s Perspective
• Hive Minds: Honeybees and the Classroom
In Every Issue
• Beekeeping Calendar
• Just For Fun
• Hives to Follow