Backyard Beekeeping June/July 2022
June/July 2022 — 2/3
CLICK HERE to download your copy of this issue as a pdf.
CLICK HERE to view this issue as a Flip Book.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• From the Editor
• What’s the Buzz
• Photo Essay: Honey Pie Bees
Ask the Expert
~ Will Workers Destroy Capped Queen Cells?
~ Mason Bee Homes
~ Cleaning Mason Bee Tubes
~ Entrance Tube Width
~ What’s Bothering My Mason Bees?
~ Can I Eliminate Hive Beetles by Moving to a Sunnier Location?
~ Why Are There Flower Particles on My Bottom Board?
~ How Do I Keep Bees Away From My Pool?
• What Makes My Colony a Superorganism?
• Telling the Bees
• Queen Introduction
• Walkaway Splits
• Where the Bees Are
• Honey Extractors Explained
• How to Clean a Beehive Smoker
• Erika Thompson: Queen Bee of Social Media’s Beekeeping and Bee Removals
• The Copycat Bee
• Pollinator Week, A History
• Hive Highlights: 8 Ways to Be a Courteous Backyard Beekeeper
• Beeswax Products
• Granny’s Southern Honey Cornbread
• Hive Highlights: Beehive Inspection Checklist
• Hive Minds: Hives For Heros — Save Bees, Save Vets
In Every Issue
• Beekeeping Calendar
• Just For Fun
• Hives to Follow