Backyard Beekeeping August/September 2021
August/September 2021 — 1/1
CLICK HERE to download your copy of this issue as a pdf.
CLICK HERE to view this issue as a Flip Book.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• From the Editor
• Top 10 Reasons to Become a Beekeeper
• Photo Essay: Andrew’s Honey
• Ask the Expert: How Do I Save a Late-Season Swarm?
• Ask the Expert: Why Are There Bald-Faced Hornets in My Top Feeder?
• Ask the Expert: What Are Those White Worms in My Honey?
• Ask the Expert: Can I Put Out Extracted Supers Without Encouraging Robbing?
• Ask the Expert: Should I Perform Beehive Inspections With Supers On?
• Ask the Expert: Why Are My Bees Dying by the Hundreds?
• Ask the Expert: Bees Washboarding
• Ask the Expert: Brood in Honey; No Queen Excluder — What Now?
• Ask the Expert: How Do I Combine Two Double-Deep Hives?
• Ask the Expert: Can I Check Honey Supers While Treating With Formic Pro Mite Treatment?
• Bee Combos
• How to Customize Your Hive With a Screened Inner Cover and Imirie Shim
• Hard vs. Soft Miticides for Varroa Control
• To Treat or Not to Treat Varroa Mites
• Hive Robbing: Keeping Your Colony Safe
• How to Feed Honey Bees During a Nectar Dearth
• Solar Bleaching Beeswax
• Equipment Checklist For Extractions
• Herbes De Provence Honey Recipe
• Setting Honey Prices, Labeling, and Marketing Homestead Honey
• Rooftop Beekeeping: Honeybees in the Sky
• Beekeeping Calendar
• Just For Fun
• Hives to Follow